Montgomery County Illinois History
The Hiram Rountree House – Hillsboro Illinois

The Hiram Rountree House, on the southwest corner of Wood and Rountree streets, is the oldest building in Hillsboro. Erected in 1831 by Hiram Rountree, the rambling but sturdy brick building has a long porch partly covered with lattice work. The place, always a home for the Rountrees, is now owned and occupied by Mrs. Etta Stubblefield, a granddaughter of Hiram Rountree.

Taken from: “Hillsboro Guide” 1940

Posted in: Hillsboro
Actions: E-mail | Permalink |

Post Rating