Montgomery County Illinois History

The American House – Hillsboro Illinois

The American House – Hillsboro Illinois

The southeast corner of Main and Wood streets, occupies the site of Hillsboro's first hotel, the American House.

Built in 1829 by John Tillson and David Jackson, the spacious frame building was a favorite inn for more than a half a century.

This building was torn down for the Opera House.

Taken from: “Hillsboro Guide” 1940

Posted in: Hillsboro
Actions: E-mail | Permalink |

Post Rating