Montgomery County Illinois History

Entries for 'Historical Society'

Montgomery County Farm Bureau – Hillsboro Illinois The Montgomery County Farm Bureau has its headquarters in a building on the west side of the courthouse square. The local Farm Bureau was organized April 1, 1918, but it is known that as early...
The American House – Hillsboro Illinois The southeast corner of Main and Wood streets, occupies the site of Hillsboro's first hotel, the American House. Built in 1829 by John Tillson and David Jackson, the spacious frame building was a favori...
The Odd Fellows Building – Hillsboro Illinois The Odd Fellows' Building, southeast corner of Main and Wood streets, occupies the site of Hillsboro's first hotel, the American House. Built in 1829 by John Tillson and David Jackson, the spacious...
The Hiram Rountree House – Hillsboro Illinois The Hiram Rountree House, on the southwest corner of Wood and Rountree streets, is the oldest building in Hillsboro. Erected in 1831 by Hiram Rountree, the rambling but sturdy brick building has a ...
Hillsboro Post Office – Hillsboro Illinois 62049 The Hillsboro Post Office, on West Wood Street, was completed in April, 1934. The structure, which cost $42,827 without equipment, is of light colored brick with stone trimming, with an interior...
Page 10 of 29First   Previous   5  6  7  8  9  [10]  11  12  13  14  Next   Last