Montgomery County Illinois History

Hillsboro

NO Image:
The Odd Fellows Building – Hillsboro Illinois The Odd Fellows' Building, southeast corner of Main and Wood streets, occupies the site of Hillsboro's first hotel, the American House. Built in 1829 by John Tillson and David Jackson, the spacious...
The Hiram Rountree House – Hillsboro Illinois The Hiram Rountree House, on the southwest corner of Wood and Rountree streets, is the oldest building in Hillsboro. Erected in 1831 by Hiram Rountree, the rambling but sturdy brick building has a ...
Hillsboro Post Office – Hillsboro Illinois 62049 The Hillsboro Post Office, on West Wood Street, was completed in April, 1934. The structure, which cost $42,827 without equipment, is of light colored brick with stone trimming, with an interior...
Hillsboro Plant To Carry Load The Southern Illinois Light and Power Company Plant of Hillsboro, which has been shut down for several days on account of a coal shortage, will be running again by the last of the week. The Collinsville plant has been f...
Hillsboro Country Club – Hillsboro Illinois The HILLSBORO Country Club, occupying sixty acres on the road to the City Park, has a $25,000 brick and stucco building overlooking the lake, which stretches far to the south and east. Within sight o...
Page 5 of 15First   Previous   1  2  3  4  [5]  6  7  8  9  10  Next   Last