Montgomery County Illinois History
423 West Wood Street Hillsboro, Illinois In June 1887, a Hillsboro newspaper announced, "Fred Noterman’s new $6,000 .00 house is finished". Mr. Noterman, a native of Germany and a jeweler by trade, had come to Hillsboro in 1857. A prominent ...
634 Hickory Street Hillsboro, Illinois This home is situated on a parcel of land containing approximately 12 ½ acres which is a part of an original 80 acres deeded by the United States to John Tillson, Jr. and Lloyd Morton on March 7 , 1831...
Home of Dr. & Mrs. Gerald L. Zumwalt
Route 127 South Hillsboro, Illinois The land where the present home sits was first bought by John Tillson, Jr. October 1, 1831, from soldiers who were given tracts of land as bounty after the War of 1812. On October 6, 1840, the land was bought by...
940 South Main Street Hillsboro, Illinois The attractive home at 940 South Main Street was built by Judge John L. Dryer, for many years a prominent lawyer and jurist in Montgomery County. The house was purchased in 1949 by Mr. and Mrs. Robert E. P...
42 Smoke Tree Road Hillsboro, Illinois For years, the Lyerlas have loved this ''neck of the woods’’. When they lived in a house at Highland & Freeland Avenues, the old Seymour farm was not yet sub- divided and this was a favorite pla...
Page 26 of 33First   Previous   21  22  23  24  25  [26]  27  28  29  30  Next   Last