The Bluff Cemetery, known also as the Methodist Cemetery, is located on a high bluff at the end of North Hamilton Street.
Hiram Rountree is buried in the fenced Rountree lot, and here too are headstones for C. B. Blockburger, one of the first Hillsboro innkeepers, Riley Mason, Warren Neff, and other old settlers. The graves of fourteen soldiers are cared for by the American Legion.
The Bluff Cemetery Association was incorporated in 1869 by William C. Miller, Wooten Harris, Thomas Standring, Edward Y. Rice, and Aaron H. Rountree. The association was reorganized in 1923 and meetings have been held twice a year since that time. Present directors are Mrs. E. M. Stubblefield, Marcus Jones, Albert Roberts, William Sharp, Kenneth Edwards, and Dwight Puckett. The secretary is Miss Agnes Reed.
Taken from "Hillsboro Guide" 1940
[ Bluff Cemetery Clean Up Day ] [ Bluff Cemetery Clean Up Project Completed ]
This page is under construction.